Hollywood director Michael Bay is known for his over-the-top action movies, but not so much for being an auteur. From "The Rock" and "Armageddon" to "Transformers," Bay has carved out a niche as a big-money director who's more interested in explosions than character development and plot. His persona as a womanizing party animal has led to a lot of good-natured derision over the years. But with large box office grosses ("Transformers" brought in more than $700 million worldwide [source: Box Office Mojo]), it's doubtful that Bay will be going back to film school any time soon. The basis for the fake Bay Twitter account is to poke fun at his ego and lack of filmmaking skills. Fans of Bay may be upset, but others are getting quite a kick out of it.
Some recent tweets by fake Michael Bay include:
- "I sleep standing up."
- "Hold my calls till Thursday. I'm filling a kiddie pool with Glenlivet and going snorkeling."
- "I just taught myself to play the Cello. Magnificent."
- "Spoiler alert! The shower I'll be taking this afternoon will officially be four minutes longer than the shower I took yesterday. BOOM!"
- "I would only remake Citizen Kane if they let me convert Rosebud into a SeaDoo."
- "Finished laying dolly track around my house so I can ride my camera from room to room. Why walk to pee when you can have grips push you?"