Darth Vader may not be a real person, but that didn't stop someone from creating a fake Twitter account for the dark overlord of the "Star Wars" film franchise. As it turns out, Twitter users are always up for a laugh, whether the twitterer is a real person or not -- the Darth Vader account had more than 70,000 followers in April 2009 [source: Twitter]. Creating an account for a fictional character is a good opportunity for fans of the character to breathe some comedic life into their persona. No word yet on what Star Wars creator George Lucas thinks about Vader's tweets. Let's hope he gets the joke, and that the account stays active. Darth Vader may not have had much of a sense of humor in the Star Wars movies, but his Twitter updates are chock full of hilarity.
Here's what the all-powerful Sith Lord is up to:
- "Curse those stupid Sand People & what they did to mom. I can't even enjoy the beach without breaking out in hives."
- "Just threw my waiter in carbonite for bringing me the wrong salad. All bleu cheesy."
- "Was scheduled to destroy a small rebel enclave this morning but I overslept. Internal chronometer didn't reset. R&D will pay dearly."
- "FYI: Just because a certain Sith Lord is 67.5% nuts & bolts, it doesn't mean he's fake."
- "The bad news is we had to let go of about 8,000 clone troopers today. The good news is it really only counts as 1."