The iPad is a tablet thin handheld computer device that was created by Apple. The iPad comes with some built in apps, and there are more apps available for purchase. For example, you can send e-mails, watch movies that you recorded, play songs from iTunes and play video games on your iPad. All you have to do to activate an app is touch the icon on the touch screen with your finger [source: Apple, Robertson]. Now that you know some of what you can do with your iPad, we will show you how to set it up.
- Download and install iTunes onto your computer or PC. You will find the download at www.itunes.com/download. You must use iTunes to set up your iPad.
- Locate the USB 2.0 port on your computer or PC.
- Plug one end of the cable that came with your iPad into the USB port on the computer. Plug the other end into your iPad. A list of instructions will appear on your computer screen.
- Follow the instructions to register your iPad, in order to sync the iPad with music, videos and other content from the iTunes library.
- Choose Automatically sync contacts, calendars and bookmarks from the Set up your iPad screen. This will sync your iPad with contacts, calendars, bookmarks and any other items from your computer.
You can also set iTunes to sync the following:
- TV Shows
- Books and audio books
- Photos and videos
- Web page bookmarks [source: Apple]