Installing the accessDTV card and software takes 10 to 15 minutes. You can install it in any machine that has a Pentium II processor running at 400 megahertz (MHz) or better as long as the machine has a free PCI slot -- see the bottom of this page for details on the minimum system requirements.
Here is a brief description of the installation process:
- Replace the cover and plug everything back in.
- Attach the supplied cable between the accessDTV card and your video card.
- Connect a DTV antenna to the accessDTV card.
- Insert the CD in your CD drive and install accessDTV software.
- Reboot your machine.
- Run the newly installed software.
- Tune in a channel and enjoy the broadcast.
You will be able to watch DTV programs in a window or full screen on your computer monitor. If you additionally connect an HDTV display and home-theater sound system to the accessDTV card, you can use your computer as the display's HDTV receiver and save the cost of purchasing an external receiver for the display.
Things to Know Before Installing
You should know about the accessDTV product specifications and minimum system requirements before installing it on your computer.