Link Your Account
If you're connected enough to have a Twitter account, then chances are you use all kinds of other Internet outlets. You need to use every one of these to help promote your Twitter account. Post your Twitter information on your Facebook page. Post it on your blog. If you have accounts with Digg or a resume profile on LinkedIn, use those as well. You should even include your Twitter information as part of your e-mail signature. These are all essentially free ways to advertise whatever you bring to the Twitter table. Combine this method with some or all of the other nine tricks and you'll be one step ahead in trying to lure followers to your account.
- "How to Get More Twitter Followers: Some Methods That Work." Doshdosh.com. 2009.http://www.doshdosh.com/how-to-get-more-twitter-followers/
- "Kevin Rose: 10 Ways To Increase Your Twitter Followers." Techcrunch.com. Jan. 25, 2009.http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/01/25/kevin-rose-10-ways-to-increase-your- twitter-followers/
- Kawasaki, Guy. "Looking for Mr. Goodtweet: How to Pick Up Followers on Twitter." Gukawasaki.com. Nov. 20, 2008. http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2008/11/looking-for-m-1.html
- Rowse, Darren. "5 Tips to Grow Your Twitter Presence." Problogger.net. May 8, 2009.http://www.problogger.net/archives/2008/05/08/5-tips-to-grow-your-twitter- presence/
- Rowse, Darren. "6 Tips for Using Your Twitter Profile to Get New Followers." Twitip.com. Nov. 29, 2008.http://www.twitip.com/6-tips-for-using-your-twitter-profile-to-get-new-followers/
- Rowse, Darren. "How to Get More Followers on Twitter." Twitip.com. Feb. 3, 2009.http://www.twitip.com/how-to-get-more-followers-on-twitter/
- Weber, Brindy. "How to use Twitter effectively for business, advocacy and policy: A Marketing Strategy." Idealaunch.com. May 2009. http://www.idealaunch.com/blog/post/Twiz-How-to-use-Twitter-effectively-for-business-advocacy-and-policy-A-Marketing-Strategy.aspx
Nearly 1 billion people got a Facebook Safety Check notification that a friend or loved one was safe in a crisis in 2015. HowStuffWorks Now digs in.