A funny thing happened in 2005 -- martial arts actor Chuck Norris became more popular than he had been since his "Walker, Texas Ranger" days thanks to a joke that became an Internet phenomenon. Someone thought it would be funny to make up a sheet of "Chuck Norris Facts" that make the actor out to be some kind of super-human capable of "only eating one Lay's potato chip" or "sneezing with his eyes open." Like most viral phenomenon, there's really no explanation on why it took off. The online community found it funny, and the rest is history. It wasn't long before a fake Twitter account was created so fans of Norris and comedy could all have a laugh on a daily basis.
Some of the hysterical highlights include:
- "The quickest way to a man's heart is with Chuck Norris' fist."
- "If you ask Chuck Norris what time it is, he says, "2 seconds till." After you ask, "2 sec to what?" he roundhouse kicks you in the face."
- "When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up. He's pushing the Earth down."
- "The reason newborn babies cry is because they know they have just entered a world with Chuck Norris."
- "Chuck Norris has two speeds: walk and kill."
- "Chuck Norris doesn't play hide-and-seek. He plays hide-and-pray-I-don't-find-you."