Benefits of 10 Tenths
The first and most obvious benefit for a motorsports fan using 10 Tenths is that the site creates not just one, but several different forums for people to come together and discuss something they're passionate about. So long as people stay on-topic and respect each others' opinions, fans can engage in interesting discussions about the sport they love.
The site is also organized efficiently, so fans can come to the site and find almost anything that suits their interests. The forum list has eight big, general forums, inside of which are more subtopics. Within those subtopics are the actual threads, where things get as specific as possible. For example, one of the main forums is Single Seater Racing. This big forum has five major subtopics: Formula One, IndyCar Series, A1GP, National and International Single Seaters and Club Level Single Seaters. If you click on any of those five subtopics, you can find a wide range of threads, which might include information on upcoming races, lists or memories of favorite racers and teams and various other kinds of opinions and announcements.
A forum like 10 Tenths can also go beyond what most social networking websites and online communities are meant to do on your computer screen. It offers ways to broadcast reminders of racing events and scheduling changes, and people can even meet up with friends both old and new at events. For example, if a group of people are heading to this year's 24 hours of Le Mans race in France, someone could start a thread detailing locations, times and hotel information to keep fellow fans in touch, making it easier to plan.
Most of all, however, what might be the most important benefit for users of 10 Tenths is that it's fun. Like any online forum, the site is a good place for like-minded individuals to get together and share information that's important and exciting to them.
If you'd like more information about 10 Tenths, social networking and other related topics, race over to the next page and follow the links.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- 10 Tenths Motorsport Forum. "Advice for new users." (May 26, 2009) http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/faq.php?faq=new_user_faq
- 10 Tenths Motorsport Forum. "Forum rules." (May 26, 2009) http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/faq.php?faq=faq_rules
- 10 Tenths Motorsport Forum. "General forum usage." (May 26, 2009) http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage
- 10 Tenths Motorsport Forum. "Posting guidelines." (May 26, 2009) http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/faq.php?faq=posting_faq
- 10 Tenths Motorsport Forum. "User maintenance." (May 26, 2009) http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain