iPads are a very popular part of the new generation of computing. They have a long battery life, are very lightweight and use a touch screen rather than a conventional keyboard. There isn't even a mouse to click [source: Arthur, Fox]. Instead, you tap on icons to open applications. The iPad screen can display a wallpaper background that can be changed. You can utilize the pictures that come with the machine or you can use your own. Here we will show you how to set the screen wallpaper, either with your own photo or one from the iPad's gallery, as well as how to save an image from the Internet on your iPad.
Here's how to change the wallpaper:
- Tap on the picture you have chosen. You can choose one of the standard pictures that come with the iPad or a picture of your own.
- Tap on Use As Wallpaper.
- Drag the photo to pan it or pinch it to zoom in or out. Pinching the photo means putting your thumb and a finger on the picture and pulling them towards each other on the picture. Do this until you're happy with how the picture looks.
- Tap Set Wallpaper
- Decide where you want the wallpaper. You can display it on the Home screen, on the screen when the machine is in lock mode, or both.
- Set the wallpaper on your Home screen by tapping Set Home Screen.
- Set the wallpaper on your Lock screen by tapping Set Lock Screen.
- Set the wallpaper on both screens by tapping Set Both [source: Apple].
Here's how to grab an image from the Web:
- Connect to the Internet.
- Decide what image you'd like to grab.
- Touch and hold your finger on the image. A dialog box will appear.
- Tap Save Image.
- The image will be saved in your photo gallery. You can set it as wallpaper by following the instructions above [source: Apple].