People around the world have access to the Internet, but not everyone speaks English. Learn why web addresses are in English at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Carnes, Patrick, Delmonico, David L. Griffin, Elizabeth, & Moriarity, Joseph. "In the Shadows of the Net: Breaking Free of Compulsive Online Sexual Behavior." Hazelden, Feb. 24, 2004.
- CNN.com. "Man dies after 3-day gaming binge." http://18.104.22.168/2007/TECH/09/17/internet.death.ap/index.html
- Henderson, Elizabeth Connell. "Understanding Addiction." University Press of Mississippi, December 2000.
- Eurogamer. "Child dies as parents play WoW." June 20, 2005. http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59697
- Foxnews.com. "Parents neglect starved babies to feed video game addiction." July 14, 2007. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289331,00.html
- Reuters. "Docs Want More Info on Video Game Addiction." June, 2007. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_zdext/is_200706/ai_n19426014
- Surratt, Carla G. "Netaholics?: The Creation of a Pathology." Nova Science Publishers, Aug. 1, 1999.
- Young, Dr. Kimberly S. "Caught in the Net: How to Recognize the Signs of Internet Addiction and a Winning Strategy for Recovery." Wiley, Feb. 27, 1998.