You used to have a framed picture of your family on your desk at work. Now you want to join the crowd and have a picture of them as a background, or wallpaper, on your computer screen [source: Johnson]. Your photos are not as big as your computer screen, so read here how to make the photos fill the screen. Any picture file with the extension bmp, .gif, .jpg, .dib, .png, or .htm can be used as a background on your screen.
Here's how to make the background image on your computer bigger with Windows XP:
- Click on Start
- Click on Control Panel
- Click on Display
- Click on the Desktop tab
- Click Browse to use a picture of your choice.
- Locate the picture that you want to use as background. You can also locate the picture file of your choice and open the picture on the screen. Click on the picture with the right mouse button. A list will appear. Click on Set as Desktop Background with the left mouse button.
- Click Open on the Browse dialog box when you have found the picture that you want. Load the picture into the Desktop dialog box.
- Choose stretch in the Position box.
- Click OK, and your picture will fill the screen [source: Microsoft].
Here's how to make the background image on your computer bigger with Windows Vista:
- Click Start
- Click Control Panel
- Click Appearance and Personalization
- Click Personalization
- Click Desktop Background
- Click Browse to locate your family picture on the computer. When you locate the picture, double-click on it. The picture will appear as your background.
- Choose How should the picture be positioned from the list that appears.
- Choose fit the screen
- Click OK [source: Microsoft Vista] //]]]]> ]]>