You can also travel directly to cities of interest through special 3-D portals, maps or by using a keyword. For example, this is how you might find shopping sites:
- You type in shopping or click on Shopping in the Find menu.
- Immediately, you begin soaring over green pastures, mountains and lakes to the ViOS shopping city.
- In the shopping city, you can browse storefronts belonging to retailers ranging from the largest national chain to the smallest corner boutique.
- A single click on the storefront takes you directly to the home page of a retailer you are interested in.
- You browse through the retailer's site just like you would do in a conventional browser.
- Once you are finished, you leave the browser window and return to the ViOS landscape.
The ViOS browser contains all the features you have come to expect in a Web browser, including Back, Forward, Favorites and a history of visited sites.
You can click on the Map button on the Menu bar to bring up a real-time overhead map of the ViOS world. A small red dot shows you where you are and a yellow cone represents your field of view.