There are lots of accessories available for the Samsung Galaxy Tablet. The most basic accessory is a cover -- Samsung sells several, and there are covers made by other manufacturers that fit the Galaxy as well. You can find them in leather, neoprene or other materials. The Galaxy is made with Corning Gorilla Glass, which uses a special manufacturing process to give the glass exceptional strength and resistance to cracks and scratches.
A keyboard dock lets you turn the Galaxy Tab into a small laptop computer. The Galaxy fits into the keyboard and sits upright (in landscape orientation), like the screen of a laptop. You can then use the keyboard to type and input text to any of the Galaxy's apps, such a word processor or email document. You could also use a Bluetooth keyboard.
An HDMI cable is a handy accessory because the Galaxy has an HDMI output. It sends full resolution high-definition video through this output, so if you have downloaded movies or TV shows onto your Galaxy, you can later view them on a full-size television.
The multi-media dock lets you use the Galaxy in a number of different ways. It charges while in the dock, and you could just set it to display a photo slideshow, turning it into a digital photo frame. You can watch movies or listen to music on the Galaxy instead, and send the sound out to a stereo system.
If you plan to use the Galaxy while driving, taking advantage of its abilities as a music player or the built-in access to Google maps and GPS navigation, there are some accessories that can make things easier. A vehicle mount lets you mount the Galaxy on the dashboard or windshield.
Of course, you'll also be able to find a wide range of adapters, chargers and other plugs and cables that will give your Galaxy more flexibility.
- Albanesius, Chloe. "European Galaxy Tab 10.1 Injunction Lifted, Except in Germany." PC Mag, August 16, 2011. Accessed August 22, 2011. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2391188,00.asp
- CNET. "Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (32GB)." Accessed August 22, 2011. http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-10/4507-3126_7-34505347.html?tag=specs
- IDC. "Media Tablet Sales Lag Optimistic First Quarter Targets, But Forecast Remains Strong, According to IDC." Accessed August 22, 2011. http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS22933011
- Ramstad, Evan. "Samsung Galaxy Tab Sales Not As Fast As Expected." Wall Street Journal, Jan. 31, 2001. Accessed August 22, 2011.http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2011/01/31/samsung-galaxy-tab-sales-actually-quite-small/
- Samsung. "Samsung Galaxy Tab Specifications." Accessed August 22, 2011. http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxytab/10.1/spec.html