A more recent innovation in mouse scrolling is a tilting scroll wheel that allows you to scroll onscreen both horizontally (left/right) and vertically (up/down). The ability to scroll both ways is handy when you are viewing wide documents like a Web page or spreadsheet.
To navigate both horizontally and vertically, the scroll wheel is positioned on a combination fulcrum and lever. This is the design used by the Logitech Cordless Click! Plus mouse.
Another method for vertical and horizontal scrolling is a touch scroll panel that responds to your finger sliding horizontally and vertically, as employed by the Logitech V500 Cordless Notebook Mouse.
For more information on mice and related topics, check out the links below.
More Great Links
- Agilent Technologies. http://www.home.agilent.com/USeng/nav/-536893499.0/pc.html
- Gyration. http://www.gyration.com
- Logitech. http://www.logitech.com
- Microsoft Corporation. http://www.microsoft.com/hardware
- Optical Mouse Technology Review, by Richard L. Owens. http://www.ida.net/users/oe1k/OpticalMouse