Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Internet Quiz
- Who owns the Internet?
- How did the Internet start?
- Net Neutrality Primer
- How BitTorrent Works
- How Firewalls Work
- How Internet Infrastructure Works
- Can the government see what Web sites I visit?
More Great Links
- Anderson, Mark. "Internet Censorship: As Bad As You Thought It Was." IEEE Spectrum. November 2007. http://spectrum.ieee.org/nov07/5667
- Children's Internet Protection Act. Federal Communications Commission. http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/cipa.html
- Cohn, William A. "Yahoo's China Defense." The New Presence. Autumn 2007. Page 30.
- Cook, Steven and Levi, Michael. "Tangled Web." Wall Street Journal. March 22, 2007. http://www.freepress.net/news/21922
- Dobija, Jane. "The First Amendment Needs New Clothes." American Librarians. September 2007. pp. 50-53.
- Finkelstein, Seth. "CIPA ruling as censoreware argument handbook." June 6, 2002. http://sethf.com/freespeech/censorware/essays/cipa_analysis.php
- Finkelstein, Seth. "An anticensorware investigation by Seth Finkelstein." November 16, 2000. http://sethf.com/anticensorware/smartfilter/greatestevils.php
- "Google censors self for China." BBC News. January 25, 2006. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4645596.stm
- Hogge, Becky. "Think of the children." New Statesman. October 22, 2007. Page 50.
- "Internet." (2008). In Encyclopædia Britannica. Retrieved January 22, 2008, from Encyclopædia Britannica Online: http://search.eb.com/eb/article-255543
- Lee, Jennifer. "Cracking the Code of Online Filtering." The New York Times. July 19, 2001. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9406E0D9163AF93AA25754C0A9679C8B63
- Lipschutz, Robert P. "Web Content Filtering: Don't Go There." PC Magazine. March 16, 2004. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1538777,00.asp
- Morais, Richard C. "When All Else Fails: Threats." Forbes. February 11, 2006. http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/10/china-falun-gong_0210falungong.html
- OpenNet Initiative. http://opennet.net/
- Peacefire.org http://www.peacefire.org/
- Quirk, Matthew. "The Web Police." The Atlantic Monthly. May, 2006. pp. 50-51.
- Reporters Without Borders. http://www.rsf.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=20
- Sarrel, Matthew D. "Web Content Filtering." PC Magazine. August 1, 2007. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2164497,00.asp
- The Censorware Project. http://censorware.net/