Benefits of TinyPic
TinyPic's simplicity and extensive list of capabilities make it a powerful tool if you love online social networking. It's also great if you just need an easy, quick way to share pictures and video in a variety of Internet formats.
The site creates concise URL links for sharing through e-mail and instant messaging. That short length makes the URL easier to copy and paste and makes it less likely that the recipient will see a truncated version of the link that results in an annoying error message.
Other than some minor file size and format rules, there are no real restrictions on what you can upload to TinyPic. This is a great benefit, but there is of course the possibility that some people will (and do) abuse this system.
A handful of users occasionally upload pornographic materials or other inappropriate files. However, these cases are uncommon and other users can flag these files so that site administrators will quickly remove them. If you do encounter a distasteful file, click Report Offensive Material on the bottom-left side of your screen. This will alert TinyPic's moderators to the problem.
Some benefits work only for visitors who sign up for an account. Mobile TinyPic lets you use your phone to upload media through your phone's e-mail capabilities. To do so, you select the file on your phone and then e-mail it to the appropriate address. Then, when you check the My Stuff area of your TinyPic account, you'll see your new files listed first in the list of uploaded material.
So whether you're sitting in front of your computer or traveling with an Internet-enabled phone, TinyPic will help you share images and videos in a broad range of online outlets. To learn more about TinyPic and similar media-sharing and social networking services, be sure to follow links below.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- About Us.org. "Tinypic."http://www.aboutus.org/Tinypic.com
- Citynews.ca. "Mom Stunned by Sex Assault Pic on Teen Website." Feb. 6, 2007.http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_7595.aspx
- CrunchBase. "Tinypic." http://www.crunchbase.com/company/tinypic
- Lowensohn, Josh. "TinyPic Now Does Great-Looking HD Video." CNET. Feb. 26, 2009.http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10173203-2.html
- Quantcast. "Tinypic .com."http://www.quantcast.com/tinypic.com
- TinyPic. "Frequently Asked Questions."http://tinypic.com/faq.php
- TinyPic. "Help."http://tinypic.com/help/TinyPicHelp.htm
- TinyPic. "The Official Blog for TinyPic.comhttp://blog.tinypic.com/