Lots More Information
- How Microprocessors Work
- How Graphics Cards Work
- How small can CPUs get?
- Why are there limits on CPU speed?
- How Gyroscopes Work
- What's the difference between notebooks, netbooks and ultra-mobile PCs?
- How Netbooks Work
- How the iPad Works
- How Operating Systems Work
- How do touch-screen monitors know where you're touching?
More Great Links
- Blickenstorfer, Conrad. "A Brief History of Tablet PCs." WebProNews. Dec. 20, 2005. (July 5, 2011) http://www.webpronews.com/a-brief-history-of-tablet-pcs-2005-12
- Holwerda, Thom. "A Short History of the Tablet Computer." OS News. Jan. 15, 2010. (July 5, 2011) http://www.osnews.com/story/22739/A_Short_History_of_the_Tablet_Computer
- Edible Apple. "From Alan Kay's Dynabook to the Apple iPad." April 30, 2010. (July 5, 2011) http://www.edibleapple.com/from-alan-kays-dynabook-to-the-apple-ipad/
- Kay, Alan C. "A Personal Computer for Children of All Ages." Xerox Palo Alto Research Center. August 1972. (July 5, 2011) http://www.mprove.de/diplom/gui/Kay72a.pdf
- Kay, Alan et al. "The 40th Anniversary of the Dynabook, lecture by Alan Kay et al." Computer History Museum. Nov 5, 2008. (July 5, 2011) http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/accession/102695024
- Fox, Stuart. "Meat the iPhone Sausage Stylus." Popsci. Feb. 11, 2010. (July 5, 2011) http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-02/meat-iphone-sausage-stylus
- Ording, Bas. "Operation of a Computer with a Touch Screen Interface." U.S. patent application 2006/0053387 (July 21, 2011) http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20060053387.pdf
- Cok, Ronald S. et al. "Resistive Touch Screen Having Conductive Mesh." U.S. patent application 2006/0102461 A1. (July 21, 2011) http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7196281.pdf
- Mozdzyn, Larry. "Capacitive Touch Screen." U.S. patent application 2010/0066700 A1. (July 21, 2011) http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20100066700.pdf